Thursday, March 4, 2010

Buttons and Bows

Have you ever stood before your closet and said this? "I don't have anything to wear today!" I do this on a regular basis and miraculously never leave the house with having something on. Do I spent more time wondering what I'll wear than I actually spend putting on the things that my Savior wants me to wear? This verse comes to mind.

As God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourself with....( here 's the list of the things I should be concerned about) compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Colossians 3:12

If those attributes were sections of clothes in my closet, which ones would I pick each day? The same one over and over again? Or all 5? Or would I just skip them?

How about this verse? Over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:14

So, if I really care about what I am wearing it seems that if I put on these things that the Lord has for me, I will be the best dressed lady in town, no matter what my clothes look like. I like that!

Then even if Stacy and Clinton come hunting me down for "WHAT NOT TO WEAR", in my Lords eyes, I'll be styling! And really, His thoughts about me are the only ones that matter!

2 comments:

  1. You started blogging! Wow! How fun! I will add you to my list.

    Do you think humility and patience would be essential undergarments and compassion, kindness, and gentleness be the fun outer-wear?

    ReplyDelete