Monday, June 18, 2012

Down in the Quarter

We got ambitious and tried out making Beignets. I was so excited about it I could hardly stand it. It was a fairly easy recipe that involved yeast and that no longer scares me so, we were good to go. But, I believe I made some mistakes in the steps or something.  Because as yummy as these looked....umm....lets just say, you might be able to down one but, only if you were drinking a lot of water! Oh well ( and that's a deep subject)
I won't give up.
I'll try again.
We will eat some delicious beignets from scratch at home one day.

But, as you can see by the following photos, whether they tasted good or not wasn't the issue. Cause Miss Kissy had a blast rolling out the dough and playing in the flour.
I wonder if Tiana from Princess and the Frog ever had her Beignets turn out like this. But, we will conquer! We will come back another day, another time. We will eat yumminess covered in powdered sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment